This recipe is the answer. Broccoli and cauliflower are roasted in an outrageously tasty way that’s simple, quick and full of nutrition.
Serve this delicious veggie side dish with a piece of lean meat for a well-balanced, fitness approved meal.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1 bunch broccoli
1 bunch cauliflower
1 Tablespoon olive oil
dash of sea salt
dash of pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
juice from 1 lemon
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
2. Wash the broccoli and cauliflower heads and then pat dry. It’s important to dry thoroughly so that it will roast properly. Cut into small florets.
3. In a medium bowl combine the florets, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic cloves. Toss until well combined and then spread over the prepared baking sheet.
4. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven once the florets are tender with crispy bottoms.
5. Drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked florets and serve immediately.
One serving equals: 160 calories, 4g fat, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 4g protein